Article 2012-6 Protection of Personnel Equipment Capital Re

Article 2012-6 Protection of Personnel Equipment Capital Re

Postby Rob C - Moderator » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:38 am

Currently not in final form

Article 2012-6 Protection of Personnel Equipment Capital Reserve Fund

To see if the Town will raise and appropriate the sum of Eight Thousand Dollars ($8,000.00) to be added to the Protection of Personnel Equipment Capital Reserve Fund previously established for the future replacement of Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) to protect firefighters.

Recommended by the Board of Selectmen (5-0)
Recommended by the Budget Committee (8-0)
Rob C - Moderator

Re: Article 2012-6 Protection of Personnel Equipment Capita

Postby safety frog » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:41 am

Wording is odd, most organizations call it Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), required by various OSHA and NFPA regulations, not optional, but mandatory. I support this article.
Dennis F
safety frog

Re: Article 2012-6 Protection of Personnel Equipment Capita

Postby JohnH » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:54 pm

safety frog wrote:Wording is odd, most organizations call it Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), required by various OSHA and NFPA regulations, not optional, but mandatory. I support this article.

You are right, I am not sure why it is "Personnel", but that is the way it has appeared on all past warrant articles. The Fire Wards are set to meet tomorrow night and I will bring it up then to see if we can correct it going forward. It is possible that the fund is named this way and i am not sure if it can be changed. For the most part I don't think most would notice the difference.

Thanks for the support!
John Hughes
JohnH

Return to 2012 Town Warrant Articles