Setting Things Straight

General Forum for Danville Topics

Setting Things Straight

Postby momof3 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:19 pm

Recently it has come to my attention that their have been numerous articles written about me and since I have not fought back then, "one is to assume that the articles are true."

The beagle "Hope" in question in these articles was picked up on September 3, 2007 and per the Brentwood Veterinary Emergency Hospital was to be "turned over to the owner if they knew who it was, or if they could locate that owner."

Danville Chief Wade Parsons, Sheila Johannesen, ACO and Dale Childs, Hampstead ACO and Stephanie Dube, Assistant ACO all took it upon themselves to go against doctor's orders and to confine the dog.

After numerous attempts to reunite the mother with her puppies, per Dale Childs, Hampstead ACO "my concern was for the dog, she can always have more puppies." I even offered to turn the puppies over to the NHSPCA not knowing at this time that the Brentwood Veterinary Emergency Hospital was releasing the dog. ALL the puppies ultimately suffering seizures and dying of starvation. Is this what an ACO is supposed to be doing!!!!

The writ of replevin filed in November, 2 days prior to the court hearing Wanda was then arrested for animal cruelty. So what happened between September 3rd and November 14th, for two months the Town of Danville sat on this issue until Wanda filed the writ of replevin to gain ownership back of her dog.

I saw several comments on the blog that stated my attorney nor I attended the proceedings, I was there. My attorney was not there since they had just recently filed abuse charges against me because I have to clear my name before getting the dog back. The case was dismissed without prejudice which means I can bring it back in front of the judge at anytime, I mean after all of this who would trust the Town of Danville now in giving the dog back.

Most recently on May 2, 2008 "Linda" another of Wanda's beagles again came up missing, knowing that this dog stays close to home was of concern. Wanda and her family search for 2 days, called the police station on numerous occassions and even was taunted by Corporal Jason Pond. While she was out searching Friday night at midnight walking up and down route 111A, Corporal Pond would drive by saying "oh are you looking for your dog," and speed away.

For two days my kids agonized over the thought of where the dog was, we were relieved to find her at the NHSPCA at a cost of $50.00.

Several days later we get the summons in the mail from our ACO, Sheila Johannesen for a fee of $25.00 for my dog "running at large" on my own property. YES PEOPLE THIS DOG WAS PICKED UP ON MY OWN PROPERTY, TALK ABOUT HARASSMENT.

At about anytime of the weekday you can see either Chief Parsons or Sheila Johannesen parked in their town vehicles on Cote Drive. Cote Drive has 5 residences on the road, so why do you think we need a cruiser or an ACO vehicle parked on Cote Drive for long periods of time.

The hearing for the abuse charge started on May 30th and will continue on June 26th, you should see the local people we voted for lying under oath and contradicting themselves.

I am positive this will all come out in the end, literally. Danville's tax dollars are being wasted.
Last edited by momof3 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momof3

Postby curt » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:42 pm

Curt Springer
curt

Postby formerlurker » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:28 am

Wanda, you won't get much sympathy here. One of the principals is likely to be named in the inevitable civil rights suit which the town will no doubt settle in your favor during a nonpublic session of the BOS. All of the principals are members of the town government.

If you want to get your message out to the people of Danville, you should post a letter to the editor in the carriage towne news or the eagle-tribune. You should also send a note to the webmaster of danvilledelivery.com. If you want to stick your thumb in a public official's eye, that's the guy to talk to ;-)

If you are planning to sue for civil rights violations, check with your attourney before discussing the matter in public.
"Otis, I hope you get out of jail in time to vote!!"
formerlurker

Postby AlfredTwo » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:25 am

Actually I think there are a lot of people who will read what ever is posted with an open mind. Having all sides discussed here is a great idea. There have been a good number of cases here where the discussion has sided with individuals and against "the man." I can think of two cases off hand - http://speakoutdanville.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=665 and http://speakoutdanville.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=1147 for example. And how about the whole cart issue - http://speakoutdanville.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=36
AlfredTwo

Postby curt » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:27 am

formerlurker wrote:Wanda, you won't get much sympathy here. One of the principals is likely to be named in the inevitable civil rights suit which the town will no doubt settle in your favor during a nonpublic session of the BOS. All of the principals are members of the town government.

Our town govt involvement:
Curt -- web site commitee, forestry committee, ZBA
Shawn -- selectman, web site committee
Alfred -- web site committee
Rob -- web site committee

I don't recall sending out emails to our other 100 or so members telling them which articles to reply to and what to say.

I like to think that people make up their own minds on stuff and that their participation in SoD, DD, or any other site does not mean that they are in the thrall of the sponsors of those sites. This "rest of us" baloney is getting to be tiresome.
Curt Springer
curt

Postby C L » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:43 am

curt wrote:
Our town govt involvement:
Curt -- web site commitee, forestry committee, ZBA
Shawn -- selectman, web site committee
Alfred -- web site committee
Rob -- web site committee

You forgot to mention that these are volunteer positions.

(Except the Selectman position)

I see that most of the topics on here have differing opinions.

(heck, me and AII disagree on almost everything!, but I wouldn't want it any other way!)

Back to the post: I was a little confused whether it included quotes from other sources as it seems like the poster is speaking in the 3rd person.

But I would like to hear more about it.
C L

Postby curt » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:10 pm

The poster switches between first and third person.

I'm curious about the circumstances of Sheila getting a restraining order against Wanda. Usually in these circumstances the citizen makes the case that an overzealous official is harassing them. This time it is the other way around. What behavior of Wanda's was sufficient for a judge to side with Sheila and grant a restraining order against Wanda?
Curt Springer
curt

Postby shawn_oneil » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:41 pm

curt wrote:I'm curious about the circumstances of Sheila getting a restraining order against Wanda. Usually in these circumstances the citizen makes the case that an overzealous official is harassing them. This time it is the other way around. What behavior of Wanda's was sufficient for a judge to side with Sheila and grant a restraining order against Wanda?

Maybe Ms. Cote would care to comment on this topic?
Shawn
shawn_oneil

Postby curt » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:13 pm

Shawn,
Perhaps you would care to comment on this aspect of the Cote dog issues.

The selectmen have been going back and forth with Chuck Cote on whether or not he can obtain a group license for his dogs.

Here is the applicable statute:
466:6 Group Licenses. –
I. The owner or keeper of 5 or more dogs shall annually by April 30 pay the required fee and obtain a license authorizing the owner or keeper to keep the dogs upon the premises described in the license, or off the premises while under such owner's or keeper's control. Such owner or keeper shall not be required to obtain a "commercial kennel'' license under RSA 466:4, III unless such person has a commercial kennel as defined under RSA 466:4, III.
II. No town clerk shall refuse to issue a group license to an owner or keeper who has complied with the requirements of this subdivision.
III. The fee shall be $20 for the group license, $2 of which shall be remitted to the town clerk for deposit into the companion animal neutering fund, established in RSA 437-A:4-a, as the companion animal population control fee, and $18 shall be retained by the town or municipality.
IV. No fee shall be required for dogs which are under the age of 3 months.
V. Upon request, an owner or keeper shall receive numbered license tags for each dog included under the owner's or keeper's group license.

Source. 1909, 135:1. 1925, 97:1. PL 150:10. 1927, 61:1. 1941, 59:1. RL 180:10. RSA 466:6. 1977, 356:2. 1981, 306:2. 1986, 213:2, 3. 1987, 186:1. 1995, 298:5, 6. 1996, 242:2. 1997, 332:5, eff. Aug. 22, 1997.

Licenses are issued by the town clerk, not by the selectmen. What authority do the selectmen have for telling Chuck Cote that he can or cannot obtain a group license for his dogs?
Curt Springer
curt

Postby shawn_oneil » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:07 pm

curt wrote:Shawn,
Perhaps you would care to comment on this aspect of the Cote dog issues.

The selectmen have been going back and forth with Chuck Cote on whether or not he can obtain a group license for his dogs.

It is in our minutes.

curt wrote:Licenses are issued by the town clerk, not by the selectmen. What authority do the selectmen have for telling Chuck Cote that he can or cannot obtain a group license for his dogs?

Follow the minutes on this topic and/or watch the BOS meeting.
The Town is dealing with a Commercial Kennel issue with the Cotes currently.

The Town Clerk exercised:

II. No town clerk shall refuse to issue a group license to an owner or keeper who has complied with the requirements of this subdivision.

as the Cotes are not in compliance.

The Board is involved due to the Commercial Kennel in a residential neighborhood.

Shawn
shawn_oneil

Postby shawn_oneil » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:14 pm

formerlurker wrote:One of the principals is likely to be named in the inevitable civil rights suit which the town will no doubt settle in your favor during a nonpublic session of the BOS. All of the principals are members of the town government.

Formerlurker,
Go Screw!

Civil rights? Give me a break.
Shawn
shawn_oneil

Postby AlfredTwo » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:34 pm

shawn_oneil wrote:
Formerlurker,
Go Screw!

Civil rights? Give me a break.
Shawn

Don't hold back Shawn. Let us know how you really feel. :-)
AlfredTwo

Postby momof3 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:32 pm

I will reply on everything after the trial hearing on 6/26/08, Plaistow District Court, 1:00 pm. I have also requested that the Lawrence Eagle Tribune be present. My dog was taken 8 months and 26 days ago, this dog has been confined to a small kennel at the NHSPCA since she was taken and all of her puppies were starved to death. You can bet your bottom that after tomorrow I will devulge all the perjury that was committed during this trial and I hope to make those Town of Danville officials responsible.
momof3

Postby curt » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:43 pm

shawn_oneil wrote:Follow the minutes on this topic and/or watch the BOS meeting.
The Town is dealing with a Commercial Kennel issue with the Cotes currently.

The Town Clerk exercised:

as the Cotes are not in compliance.

The Board is involved due to the Commercial Kennel in a residential neighborhood.

This doesn't make any sense to me.

If you go to the town clerk to obtain or renew a motor vehicle registration, and if the town clerk is not sure whether it should be done for some reason based in state law, she will call the DMV, not the selectmen.

The same thing should happen with interpretation of laws with respect to the issuance of dog licenses, except in this case she should take direction from the state veterinarian and/or the department of agriculture.

Yes, there is a question about whether the Cotes are in compliance with the town zoning ordinance, and the selectmen are the enforcement agents of the zoning ordinance at the local level. This is a separate issue from dog licenses. They should confine their efforts to where they actually have statutory authority.

I suspect that this is another case where people think that somehow or other all roads lead to the selectmen. They do not.
Curt Springer
curt

Postby shawn_oneil » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:12 pm

The state vet is not aware of local zoning. Watch the BOS meeting. In addition, I am recalling from memory and could be wrong but the Town Clerk did not issue a group license and I believe that Chuck Cote either requested a meeting with the Board on this issue or arrived at a delegate session.
You should start to record these meeting. You might have less questions, but then again, probably not.
:)
Shawn
shawn_oneil

Next

Return to Danville General