Setting Things Straight

General Forum for Danville Topics

Postby JC » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:24 pm

formerlurker wrote:

That the town forced you to endure continued harassment and a trial is an embarrassment to me and, I'm sure, most residents.

I do not remember anything being concluded that the town continued to harass Mrs. Cote. Did I miss something?
JC

Postby curt » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:50 pm

formerlurker wrote:In each case, the BOS closed the doors and got dirty with our tax money.

Wrong -- in the Marie Hill case, there was a 4-day jury trial, the town lost, and the damages were fixed by the court.

formerlurker wrote:Curt has posted the first defense of the plaintifs already.

Baloney. I'm simply stating a well-known legal principle. You don't charge people on the losing side of a court case with perjury or false swearing, because obviously it didn't make any difference.

This is why defendants in criminal cases are not charged with perjury if they take the stand in their own defense, deny under oath that they committed the crime, and are convicted anyway. You could make the case that they must have lied because their guilt was established "beyond reasonable doubt", so they must have committed the crime, and therefore their statement to the contrary had to have been a lie. But the jury didn't believe them so it made no difference.
Curt Springer
curt

Postby curt » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:57 pm

Also, the "plaintiffs" in a criminal case is the State of New Hampshire, not the people who testified. And the prosecutor is not a town employee. She could not have ethically prosecuted the case unless she personally believed that there was probable cause. This is a change from the Marie Hill case, I believe.
Curt Springer
curt

Postby curt » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:06 pm

Wanda,
I'd be interested to hear from your POV how this whole mess with the town actually started.

Which came first, the zoning issues or the animal cruelty charge?

I have to be very careful in commenting on zoning issues, as I am a member of the ZBA and you might be appearing before us at some point.
Curt Springer
curt

Postby momof3 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:50 pm

jc i am more then glad to give you copies of dale's police reports in regards to the puppies , i can send them to you or if you wish to remain a secret , if curt will agree i will send to him then he can distribute,

curt if you want i will send you the entire discovery packet from the police department so you can compare affidavids vs the sworn testimony.

and again everyone we spent thousands of dollars trying to save the puppies, but every vet that treated them including doctor hayden ( who is on the board of directers for the nhspca) and the staff of animal industry / department of agriculter said without the mother to stimulate the organs of the puppies the organs will shut down,.. mothers lick and clean the puppies to produce urine and fecal discharge,
thanks chuck cote
momof3

Postby curt » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:50 pm

JC wrote:formerlurker wrote:

That the town forced you to endure continued harassment and a trial is an embarrassment to me and, I'm sure, most residents.

I do not remember anything being concluded that the town continued to harass Mrs. Cote. Did I miss something?

This is another instance of the "rest of us" logic:

I am not a town official
Most residents are not town officials
Therefore, most residents must think as I do.
Curt Springer
curt

Postby curt » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:55 pm

Chuck Cote wrote:jc i am more then glad to give you copies of dale's police reports in regards to the puppies , i can send them to you or if you wish to remain a secret , if curt will agree i will send to him then he can distribute,

curt if you want i will send you the entire discovery packet from the police department so you can compare affidavids vs the sworn testimony.

and again everyone we spent thousands of dollars trying to save the puppies, but every vet that treated them including doctor hayden ( who is on the board of directers for the nhspca) and the staff of animal industry / department of agriculter said without the mother to stimulate the organs of the puppies the organs will shut down,.. mothers lick and clean the puppies to produce urine and fecal discharge,
thanks chuck cote

I think we should put everything up for people to see and judge for themselves. About how many pages would that be?
Curt Springer
curt

Postby momof3 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:28 am

curt you are wrong on the perjury

breaking news for everyone

2 days prior to the start of the trial wanda was arrested for perjury, and false sworn testimony , 2 day prior to the abuse trial the danville pd showed up at our home and shackeled wanda and placed her in the back of the cruiser , she was brought to the police station shackeled to the bench , finger printered , photoed etc etc . no once did they tell her why or what for she was getting arrested until she was bonded out .

she was arrested for perjury for making a false statement that the puppies died, during the writ of replevin hearing ( the civil hearing to get our dog returned ) and lets not forget she was arrested 2 days prior to the civil trial for animal abuse , 2 days prior again see any connection people.
and again she dropped the request for the return of the dog pending the outcome of the charges. the writ of replevin was dismissed per wanda's request
so curt using your perjury theory how could she be charged when the puppies dieing had nothing to do with the replevin, and the replevin was dropped.

the police say they have proof the puppies all survived .

is it me or does anyone else see harrassment here , also police vehicles tend to be parked on cote drive a lot cote drive best patrolled street in town all 500 feet of it

so 5 doctors, my whole family , the department of agriculture , and many more witnessed the puppies dieing , but somehow wanda got arrested for making it all up .
again if anyone wants to see the documents i will produce them
if you bring a shovel i will show you the puppies.
wanda's arraingment for perjury is in august
thanks chuck cote
momof3

Postby momof3 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:30 am

curt about 200 pages
momof3

Postby curt » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:30 am

Do you have a scanner? If so, would you be willing to scan the pages? It probably would be best to create several documents with some logical breakpoints instead of a single document consisting of all 200 pages.
Curt Springer
curt

Postby momof3 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:31 am

Curt,

Chuck was raised in Danville, all of his 45 years he has been a Danville resident. I on the other hand have been here for 23 years. We also chose to raise our children in Danville. When choosing a place to raise your family you try to find the safest environment possible so that your children can feel like they do not need to be home bound.

Chuck was on the planning board and budget committee for sveral years, Chuck associated with some of the current selectmen on a professional and personal basis.

Chuck also associated with Dale Childs, Hampstead ACO through the Hampstead Fire Department with both her and her husband for years.

Chuck and I both had good relationships with many of the Danville officials, we both remember when Wade Parsons joined the Danville PD and never had any proior problems with them either.

Our family has now been harrassed beyond belief by these same people that we thought we had good relationships with.

The Town of Danville Police Department has humiliated, embarrassed and tormented my children in such a way that my children now hate "police" and would never ask them for help if needed. My children now have no respect for "police" because they now know that the Danville Police did not care when threatened with "foster care" by our local ACO. My children's complaints to the police dpartment were not investigated upon nor would the police protect them from the torture that they and then ACO created.

I on the other hand due to my chronic medical issues refuse to have anything to do with our local authorities and each time that I have had to be transported by ambulance to a medical facility, my husband drives me to the Raymond/Fremont area to be picked up.

This whole issue has created a huge wedge between ourselves and the town of Danville and I can not wait to move to another state. I personally have a great hate for our Danville Police Department, ACO, selectmen, and anyone else involved for what they have done to my family.

Yes through time the Town of Danville will financially have to pay, but seriously will that ever be enough. How much would you accept for a years worth of continued harrassment, your children embarrassed, humiliated and taunted at school, our dog removed for 10 months now and having to put medical care aside to pay for attorney fees.

No one should have to make the decision of having to pay for an attorney instead of needed medical care.

No Curt, this did not start with the animal abuse charges or the zoning issues. There is another whole story as to how this started which at this time I am unable to comment on. But once again it was another town official breaking our civial rights.

I complained to Chief Parsons about our civial rights being violated and this is what precipitated the animal abuse cruelty charges followed by the zoning issues and now the purjury charges against me.

So in other words if someone does something wrong in town, you complain to Chief Wade Parsons and if this person is a "friend" of his or another local official, you the complaintent gets persecuted.

Obviously none of this would have ever happened if I had not complained, but if your civial rights had been violated would you have complained????

To put it bluntly, I wish that Chief Wade Parsons would leave the Town of Danville and go back to what ever rock he crawled out from prior to coming here.

Numerous law suits against the Town of Danville have already gone through due to his negligence as a Chief, I myself will be filing several.

My civial attorney, Jason Major from the law firm Douglas, Leonard and Garvey, Concord, NH will now be able to proceed on the initial issue of how this all started. The town will be made aware as I am able to give out the information.

Let me know when you will be at the Town Hall, I will bring you all the documents so that you may scan yourself (I do not know how) and decide how much you want to post.
Last edited by momof3 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
momof3

Postby curt » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:56 am

WandaCote wrote:curt you are wrong on the perjury

breaking news for everyone

2 days prior to the start of the trial wanda was arrested for perjury, and false sworn testimony , 2 day prior to the abuse trial the danville pd showed up at our home and shackeled wanda and placed her in the back of the cruiser , she was brought to the police station shackeled to the bench , finger printered , photoed etc etc . no once did they tell her why or what for she was getting arrested until she was bonded out .

she was arrested for perjury for making a false statement that the puppies died, during the writ of replevin hearing ( the civil hearing to get our dog returned ) and lets not forget she was arrested 2 days prior to the civil trial for animal abuse , 2 days prior again see any connection people.
and again she dropped the request for the return of the dog pending the outcome of the charges. the writ of replevin was dismissed per wanda's request
so curt using your perjury theory how could she be charged when the puppies dieing had nothing to do with the replevin, and the replevin was dropped.

the police say they have proof the puppies all survived .

is it me or does anyone else see harrassment here , also police vehicles tend to be parked on cote drive a lot cote drive best patrolled street in town all 500 feet of it

so 5 doctors, my whole family , the department of agriculture , and many more witnessed the puppies dieing , but somehow wanda got arrested for making it all up .
again if anyone wants to see the documents i will produce them
if you bring a shovel i will show you the puppies.
wanda's arraingment for perjury is in august
thanks chuck cote

I must say I find this to be shocking.
Curt Springer
curt

Postby curt » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:42 am

Published: July 02, 2008 06:00 am

Danville woman acquitted in dog cruelty case
By Terry Date
Eagle Tribune
Staff writer

DANVILLE — A local woman charged with animal cruelty was found not guilty after a two-day trial in Plaistow District Court.

Judge Robert LaPointe ruled that the state failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Wanda Cote negligently deprived care to her 4-year-old female beagle, Hope.

Cote, 46, of 6 Cote Drive was arrested by Danville police Nov. 26 after the beagle was found by authorities in early September.

Authorities maintained the dog was emaciated and vomiting worms. Cote denied the allegations, saying Hope had always been a thin dog and gave birth to nine puppies about three weeks earlier.

The judge noted in his ruling that there was disputed testimony at the trial as well as differing opinions from the veterinarians who testified for Cote and for the prosecution about whether the dog was emaciated.

The trial started May 30, was continued, and ended June 26.

"I knew I was not guilty all along, but I absolutely feel vindicated," Cote said yesterday after release of the ruling.

Cote's husband, Charles, who helped care for the dog, said the judge's decision came as no surprise.

"This whole thing was a farce from the beginning," he said.

Prosecutor Jill Cook did not respond to a call seeking comment on the ruling.

The lead investigator in the case, Hampstead Animal Control Officer Dale Childs, said she and other members of the investigative team are disappointed with the decision.

"Sometimes, Lady Justice doesn't serve us well, and that was the case here," she said. Childs was asked to investigate because Danville's animal control officer, Sheila Johannesen, has a restraining order against Cote.

Danville police Chief Wade Parsons said the investigative team respects the judge's ruling.

Cote said she is considering a lawsuit against the towns of Danville, Hampstead and Plaistow for damaging her reputation.

Cote said her puppy sales business has plummeted because of a wave of hate mail generated by the animal abuse case.

In addition, her husband said the couple's children were mocked by classmates at school about the allegations against their mother.

Furthermore, Wanda Cote said she was recently disturbed to hear comments by a Danville selectman broadcast on the local cable television station.

She said Selectman Shawn O'Neil stated on air that he heard Cote incriminated herself on the stand during the trial. Cote said O'Neil laughed after making his remark.

O'Neil was not available yesterday to respond to Cote's contention nor to the possibility of her bringing a lawsuit against the town.

Parsons declined to comment on a possible lawsuit because he said it was the first he heard of potential litigation.

Meanwhile, Cote said she will defend herself against a charge in a separate but related case. Authorities allege that she perjured herself on the stand last year during testimony in support of a request to have Hope returned to her.

Cote said all the puppies died of starvation after Hope was taken away. Authorities maintain otherwise.

The perjury allegation has been forwarded to the Rockingham County attorney's office for a possible grand jury indictment, Childs said.

Cote said she wants her dog back and expects the town of Danville will return the animal to her once it receives written notification of the judge's ruling.

Cote said she will go to court to get Hope back if the dog is not returned to her.

Hope was taken to the New Hampshire Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in Stratham.
Curt Springer
curt

Postby momof3 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:18 am

Curt:

You stated earlier that "you were shocked" with everything that is going on. Well if this has shocked you then you will be floored as to what my original complaint was to Chief Wade Parsons regarding my famlies civil rights being violated and to whom violated them.

This part of the case (animal abuse charges) is nothing in comparison to what lies ahead.

The Town of Danville and Chief Wade Parsons knows exactly what they did and for this the Danville residents will ultimately end up by paying for it in the end. Unfortunately no amount of money will fix what the Town of Danville has done to my family.

Remember I had to for go needed medical care for a chronic physical problem so that I could pay for attorney fees and I hate the Town of Danville for what it has done to us.

Don't you think it is time to get rid of Chief Parsons, look at the number of lawsuits against the town due to his negligence.
Last edited by momof3 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momof3

Postby momof3 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:58 pm

Furthermore I challenge Dale Childs, Hampstead ACO or any other individual to bring forth a DNA sample from the "questionable" puppy that did not die and was sold. Let's compare this with the mother dog, Hope.

Or better yet, bring a shovel over to my house, we can dig up the ones who died. You can compare the DNA between the dead ones and the "questionable" ones.

DNA not only proves guilt but it can also exonerate a person.
momof3

PreviousNext

Return to Danville General