General Forum for Danville Topics

Local resident

Postby James Mickalide » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:35 pm

I found the following in my hometown newspaper the Lewiston Maine Sun Journel

Jim

Robert I. Chase
Jun 09, 2010 12:00 am
Chase

DANVILLE, N.H. — Robert I. Chase, 80, of Danville, N.H. and formerly of Hanover, died June 7, in Danville, N.H.,
after a battle with cancer. He was born in Rumford Center on Feb. 24, 1930, the son of Harry E.and Agnes(Foster) Chase,
and was educated in local schools, graduating from Gould Academy, Southern Maine University and Clark University in
Worcester, Mass. He served his country in the U.S. Air Force from 1948-1952. He had worked for various companies,
including Firestone Tire and Rubber Co., Raytheon, Sanders Associates, Sylvania, Booze Allen and Hamilton, as
president of Chase Industries and for the Department of Defense as property manager.

Robert was dedicated to his family, loved to read and write and watch the Boston Red Sox and Celtics.
He is survived by his wife, Lorraine H. Chase, of Danville, N.H.; seven children, Richard Chase of Kingston, N.H.,
Barbara Chase of Sarasota, Fla., Stephen Chase of Danville, N.H., Jane Calhoun of Virginia Beach, Va. and Peter
Chase, Kathleen Dennis and Robert Chase II, all of Danville, N.H.; grandchildren, Carla Chase, Andrew Calhoun,
Lauren Chase, Michael Dennis, Joanna Chase, Benjamin Calhoun and Joshua Dennis; one great-grandson, Nicholas
Rattlelade; and two brothers, Harry E. Chase of Wayne and Raymond E. Chase of Hanover.
James Mickalide

Return to Danville General