Road Conditions

General Forum for Danville Topics

Road Conditions

Postby C L » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:38 am

Just curious about everyone's thought on the condition of the roads these past few weeks.

I'm usually full of praise but this year it seems like the plows are off with their timing and maybe not dropping the blades all the way (if that's even possible).
C L

Re: Road Conditions

Postby safety frog » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:20 am

Our local, Danville roads great, Epping stinks as usual, DOT in Raymond fair, and DOT Nottingham just plain stinks, always way behind everyone else. You can tell where the one shed stops service and the other picks ups clear as pavement and 6" slush and ice.
Dennis F
safety frog

Postby JC » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:14 am

I drove home from Portsmouth at 1 am this morning, 33 stratham and 101 were horrible, did not see a plow my entire commute, I was happy to arrive in Danville where the roads were actually plowed !!!!!
If you dont't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
Maya Angelou
JC

Postby curt » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:43 pm

I drive to/from Portsmouth frequently. Especially in bad weather, I would take 95 & 101 instead of the old 101. You know that the interstate highway will get the primary attention.

I have not noticed any decline in the high quality of Danville plowing. I don't drive to work every morning, but when I do, Sandown Road has always been plowed / treated before I set out.
Curt Springer
curt

Postby Todd McCormick » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:48 pm

I've also been happy with the roads in Danville but that Brown Hill Rd. is and always has been brutal! Even with the little snow we had last night.
Todd McCormick

Postby LM » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:09 pm

I think they're a little slow getting the clean-up done. Some of the side roads later this morning were still snow/slush covered, but 111A was fine. Going down Hunt Rd to Kingston, as soon as I got into Kingston the road was clear pavement but the Danville side was still snow and slush.
LM

Postby C L » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:09 am

It still seems like they are not plowing to the surface (in Danville).

Hampstead didn't even have a horse in this race this morning, Brown Hill was a disaster scene.
C L

Postby safety frog » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:05 pm

Going down Hunt Rd to Kingston, as soon as I got into Kingston the road was clear pavement but the Danville side was still snow and slush.

Tough as the Hunt road starts on eastern end in Kingston, then is Hampstead, then Danville........Lines are not marked.
Dennis F
safety frog

Return to Danville General