Court Case

General Forum for Danville Topics

Court Case

Postby curt » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:50 pm

etocc wrote:Shawn do not think that a case being thrown out because in 2009 the supreme court gave all town employees imunity from all lawssuits .. is this really a victory for the Town of Danville?????
The only time that their really is a win/loss situation is when a case actually goes to trial and then a jury renders a verict, until then no one has lost.
It is sad the the Town officials are now immune from any wrong doing to any citizen harmed by their malicious acts.

Here is a reference to yet another item that is on the public record and people in town government know all about it but AFAIK 98% of the people in Danville know nothing about it.

I'll leave it to others to elaborate as I know almost nothing beyond that there was a court case and the town prevailed.
Curt Springer
curt

Re: Court Case

Postby curt » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:41 pm

shawn_oneil wrote:
etocc wrote:Why do we always attack the messenger?????
So this got posted on SOD prior to the newspapers and Boston news channels making news of it.
Since when posting a public document is wrong???
Shawn do not think that a case being thrown out because in 2009 the supreme court gave all town employees imunity from all lawssuits .. is this really a victory for the Town of Danville?????
The only time that their really is a win/loss situation is when a case actually goes to trial and then a jury renders a verict, until then no one has lost.
It is sad the the Town officials are now immune from any wrong doing to any citizen harmed by their malicious acts.
I also find it funny that the town bully uses words like "vile."

Attach the messenger? Good Grief Charlie Brown :roll: always the victim.
You already tried the newspapers and that didn't work. The Union Leader called me and after their analysis of the facts concluded there was no story. You should also read the law a little better Charles they are not absolved for immunity from all lawsuits.

Shawn

Shawn, etocc,
Would you please have the courtesy to stop having a private conversation in a public forum and let the rest of us in on the details. Or am I going to have to take a morning off and drive to Brentwood and spend 25c a page (maybe this time I will be able to scan with my phone for free) to get the same information that either of you could give us if you would just spend five minutes or less of your valuable time? :evil: :evil:
Curt Springer
curt

Postby momof3 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:47 pm

Shawn: stick to the topic and this topic pertains to the "court case."

Furthermore, since you prefer to argue the topic at hand without all the facts, I took it upon myself and retrieved two boxes of all the information pertaining to the court case and willing to show anyone anytime just how dishonest the town of Danville really is.

Also willing to show anyone what and who was the real reason behind this whole case. Also have the original record where I had asked for ONLY a letter of apology from our Police Chief when my rights and the rights of all my family members were originally violated. Our Police Chief knows what started this and this would never have gone as far as it did if a simple apology had been made. Instead our Police Chief took it upon himself to waste taxpayer money through attorney fees, depositions, court costs, etc.
momof3

Postby SBinRockrimmon » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:13 pm

Why not post this 'proof' for all of us to see?
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. - Benjamin Franklin
SBinRockrimmon

Postby curt » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:10 pm

Once again, the town government has let an adversary frame the discussion of a public matter.

When a public corporation is sued, they will put out a press release to acknowledge it but more importantly to reassure their stakeholders, stockholders, employees, lenders, business partners, etc. They manage to do this without communicating information that would put them at a disadvantage with their adversary.

But in Danville, the town government, also a public corporation with stakeholders, seems to think that the mere mention of a court case or administrative process will put the town at a disadvantage, and therefore they leave it to their adversary to communicate with the town's stakeholders, be it by press release, letters to the editor, newspaper articles where town officials don't return phone calls, gossip at gathering places in town, and now SoD.
Curt Springer
curt

Postby momof3 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:38 pm

Curt, Chuck and I would love to sit down with you and anyone else interested in knowing what this whole court case was about, what started it, the deceit from town officials and answering any questions you or anyone else might have prior to posting the documents on line.

This could be done next weekend and you can set the place to meet, I do however insist that you over everyone else be there, you I trust to be fair, objective and non disruptive.

I have two boxes full of all the documents, we will highlight the important areas but all documents will be available to anyone interested.

The documents are transcriptions, court documents of court proceedings, depositions and official police reports
momof3

Postby curt » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:38 pm

My suggestion is that we first endeavor to post the court documents, including but not limited to the plaintiffs' allegations and the respondents' responses thereto, especially requested findings of fact and law, and what facts the two sides have agreed to via stipulation. And of course the decision and any orders issued by the court.

I find that this format presents the main arguments of the two sides in a succinct and neutral fashion. It also can be a good vehicle to understand how the applicable law is considered.

Once the core information is posted for all to read and evaluate, people involved on either side could supply additional information if they feel it would be helpful to people trying to understand the case or trying to understand the positions of the two sides.

I understand that we might not see an evaluation of the merits of the stated facts and arguments from the two sides because of a precedent involving some sort of immunity. still, I think we will get the essence of the case and then we can go from there.
Curt Springer
curt

Postby momof3 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:18 pm

Curt let me reiterate, I have two boxes of documents. To me it is all important, I believe anyone who is interested should have the opportunity to see it all. Therefore, that is why I threw it out there to sit down and meet due to the vast amount of documents.
momof3

Postby curt » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:54 am

I just verified that my new fancy wireless scanner can take a hopper full of pages and produce a single multi-page document. I'd be happy to pick up a stack from you and scan them.

But consider that people have limited time to read stuff. That's why I would like to post the court documents. When you hire a lawyer s/he presents your arguments more succinctly and effectively than you can yourself.
Curt Springer
curt

Postby curt » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:19 pm

Curt Springer
curt

Return to Danville General