Miserable (removed by moderator) at Town Hall fire ACO after 7 years

General Forum for Danville Topics

Miserable (removed by moderator) at Town Hall fire ACO after 7 years

Postby TomBillbroughJr » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:19 pm

After seven long years of Town service, and a recent inquiry about her current rate of pay, the miserable (removed by moderator) on the Board of Selectmen held a closed session last night about the future employment of our Animal Control Officer, Sheila Johannesen, and decided that her thankless service to the Town of Danville would no longer be needed.
The BOS (edited by moderator) have once again ignored the best interests of the Townspeople for the sake of their own miserable bastard agenda, and let-go one of our competent, fully-trained Animal Control Officers.
I am absolutely disgusted with the behavior of the Board of Selectmen. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. You are doing the citizens that you represent no favors by firing those who disagree with you, especially when those people are terrific assets to the Town of Danville.
The gall of Shawn O’Neil for making a motion to increase the rate of pay by 1.6% when she went before the BOS, when her fate had already been determined at the closed session before the meeting began is despicable.
Shawn, you are a miserable excuse for a human being and the mere fact that someone as pathetic as you gets to share the same air as the rest of us makes me sick to my stomach. Shawn, if you were to resign from your seat on the BOS, the Town of Danville could only stand to improve.
TomBillbroughJr

Re: Miserable (removed by moderator) at Town Hall fire ACO after 7 years

Postby safety frog » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:40 pm

I think there are too many Non-public sessions with the BOS. On the other hand, sometimes it is best for employee questions to go through employee - employer channels before going public.
Last edited by safety frog on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dennis F
safety frog

Postby momof3 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:03 pm

WOW, just when you thought our current BOS could do nothing right, they have now opened their eyes!

Never thought I would agree with something that Shawn would do, keep up the good work Selectmen, one down and three to go!!
momof3

Postby TomBillbroughJr » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Well, the (edited by moderator) has at least one supporter for their despicable behavior. It speaks volumes, however, who that supporter is.
TomBillbroughJr

Postby Sheila » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:22 pm

I was not fired, the Selectmen chose not to sign my appointment slip. They also chose not to sign a Part Time Police Officer's appointment slip, Officer James Crowe.

Everything else is correct Tom.

Sheila
Sheila

Postby ebakenoza » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:30 pm

how many pennies per thousand will our taxes be going down ? :roll: recommended reading at this time would be george orwell's 1984
ebakenoza

Postby momof3 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:37 pm

It will save ten of thousands of dollars in legal fees for the town?? Not being re-appointed = FIRED?
momof3

Postby TomBillbroughJr » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:55 pm

This had nothing to do with money. This is about a cowardly group of spineless fools, who cannot see past their own egos and realize that they are screwing with Town employees' livelihoods. Sheila openly opposed the BOS on some issues and now she has been terminated. I am grateful that I do not have to answer to that pathetic group of losers.
TomBillbroughJr

Postby momof3 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:13 am

Karma!
It is all about Karma baby.
momof3

Postby TomBillbroughJr » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:24 am

momof3 wrote:Karma!
It is all about Karma baby.

While it may seem like this is some sort of blessing to you, I think you might be one of the last people to wish to believe in karma. You dislike the ACO and most of the Police Depart and Fire Depart, we get it. I dare say the feeling may be mutual. The fact of the matter is, the Town of Danville is without an animal control officer in a time of rising animal cruelty and "puppy mills" in New Hampshire and our community.
TomBillbroughJr

Postby curt » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:40 am

The town web site shows Sheila's appointment as expiring in 2010.

If I were in this situation, I would ask the BOS for a public explanation of why they did not reappoint me.

If the BOS had already taken a vote not to reappoint Sheila before she spoke with them, they should not have voted her a raise. Either they should have declined any response, or they should have immediately offered her a nonpublic session to discuss the situation. Then Sheila could have gone along, or she could have declined and asked them to explain in public.
Curt Springer
curt

Postby TomBillbroughJr » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:10 am

I believe that if Sheila seeks unemployment compensation, the BOS will have to issue a reason for her termination. Although, I am not really sure how that works, given the appointment/contract style of employment used by the PD.
TomBillbroughJr

Postby JC » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:41 am

I find Tom jrs comments offensive and down right inappropriate and I am not a member of the board or related to anyone. I remember back a while ago when Len Mullen was kicked off this site for remarks he made towards a members wife. This site has changed tremendously in the past 6 months, it used to be a site where the towns people could have respectable debates and where you could find out information about our town and surrounding towns, This is not the case any longer.

That being said

I also feel that Sheila has done a great job for our town ! I also know that the loss of the part time police officer is going to be huge for this town, I do not see the outrage spoken about that. This particular officer has been with the department for many years, he is also the weapons training officer for the department. (last I knew) so this will cost the town money to replace and train another officer as the weapons trainer.

The police department is vital to this town, they work over and above and each year we vote down the capital reserve fund for the new police department. They receive outrageous criticism from the likes of Wanda Cote and others but yet still go out there each day to protect this town. We constantly lose good officers to other towns because we do not compete salary wise with the surrounding towns.

This is my 2 cents, now I will wait for the insults to be slung.
If you dont't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
Maya Angelou
JC

Postby ebakenoza » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:07 am

Wolfgang-VeryInteresting-Arte1.jpg
Wolfgang-VeryInteresting-Arte1.jpg (19.23 KiB) Viewed 2472 times
only meant as a general comment of this topic :)
ebakenoza

Postby C L » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:24 am

Tom's comments are a bit harsh, I'd be interested in hearing the other side of this story before making a conclusion.
C L

Next

Return to Danville General