Hampstead A C O

General Forum for Danville Topics

Hampstead A C O

Postby ebakenoza » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:15 pm

Heard around the water cooler : former Danville A C O now has a new gig in Hampstead, has an assistant and better pay than in Danville. Danvilles loss at least Danville has a nice van
ebakenoza

Re: Hampstead A C O

Postby Sheila » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:16 am

That is some water cooler. Can it predict Danville's future?

Sheila
Hampstead ACO
Last edited by Sheila on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sheila

Postby curt » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:24 am

This is to replace Dale Childs.
Curt Springer
curt

Postby Sheila » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:04 am

Curt, there will never be a replacement for Dale Childs. I know I have some big shoes to fill. I feel very blessed to have worked with her. Danville has once again lost and another town, this time Hampstead has gained. Politics and vendatta's make such a good cocktail........

Sheila
Sheila

Postby timd » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:48 am

I think a selectman and a Bruins fan should take the new Hampstead ACO out for a beer... :)

I first met Dale when she was Atkinson ACO. My dog developed a habit of occasionally taking off, running across town to Dale's house, and barking at her chickens. It was the only place he ever went when he ran off. We used to laugh about it whenever she and I ran into one another. She will be missed.
timd

Postby curt » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:05 am

Just to provide context for Tim's suggestion:

In the 'Good Jokes' thread, timd wrote:So a selectman, an underemployed animal control officer, and a Bruins fan went into a bar.

They ordered some beers... just as President Obama appeared on the television...

after a few sips of his beer, the selectman looked up at the television and mumbled, "Now, there's the biggest horse's a$$ I've ever seen."

a customer at the end of the bar quickly stood up, walked over to him, and decked him.

a few minutes later, as the Bruins fan was finishing his beer, Michelle appeared on the television.

"She's a horse's a$$ too," said the Bruins fan.

a customer at the other end of the bar quickly stood up, walked over to him, and knocked him off his stool.

"D@@n it!" said the selectman, as the Bruins fan clambered up to the bar... "This must be Obama country!"

The animal control officer and the bartender looked at each other and just rolled their eyes.

"Nope," the bartender replied. "Horse country!"

I don't expect to find Sheila and any of the Danville BOS in a local bar any time soon. :D :D Maybe Hampstead????
Curt Springer
curt

Postby safety frog » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:26 pm

Maybe you can straighten them out. Every couple years they threaten legal action against me for my dog which lives in Danville but has an 03826 zip code. Triggered by the rabies vaccination paper work every three years.

What a waste of $$ to collect <$10.00 that is not owed to them, guess they need a map.
Dennis F
safety frog

Postby TomBillbroughJr » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:11 pm

Good for you, Sheila. I hope Hampstead is a good fit for you. Just a word of advice, if Hampstead's Board of Selectmen tasks you with purchasing a printer, just respectfully decline :lol:. I would hate to see a repeat of what happened to you in Danville.
TomBillbroughJr

Postby Sheila » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:26 pm

Todays Eagle Tribune

Hampstead hires animal control officer

HAMPSTEAD — Sheila Johannesen is the new part-time animal control officer, replacing Dale Childs, who served as animal control officer for more than 20 years before she died this spring.

Johannesen was formerly the animal control officer in Danville.Johannesen was appointed by selectmen.

"She has some shoes to fill replacing Dale Childs," Hampstead police Chief Joseph Beaudoin said. Johannesen is working from 10 to 16 hours a week, depending on the number of calls received. The town has also hired an assistant for her.
Sheila

Postby argot » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Best wishes, Shiela! Best wishes for you in ***far off*** Hampstead...You will be missed. It was so impressive when you won the essay contest for the dog stretcher. http://www.eagletribune.com/newhampshir ... lpful-gift
argot

Postby ebakenoza » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:06 am

keep up the good work in Hampstead,Dale is keeping a eye on you,I bet ,,,,,, best, Eba 8)
ebakenoza

Return to Danville General