Danville Welcomes New "Regional" Animal Control Officer

General Forum for Danville Topics

Postby russh » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:47 pm

Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 2:37 PM
Subject: New "Regional" Animal Control Officer

November 1, 2011: It gives me great pleasure to announce that the Danville Police Department has partnered with the Plaistow Police Department to provide animal control services to the Town of Danville. This new pilot program will provide professional and cost effective animal control related services to the community. We are also fortunate to introduce and welcome the expertise of Plaistow ACO Dave Sargent as the new “Regional" ACO. Dave is a life long resident of Plaistow and is no stranger to many of you. He has been Plaistow’s ACO since 2005. Prior to that he was a 25-year member of the Plaistow Fire Department before retiring as Deputy Chief. If you have the opportunity, please take a moment to introduce yourself to Dave as he gets more acquainted with our community. I know you will find him a pleasure to speak with and come to appreciate him, as we have already.

For animal control services, please call Plaistow Dispatch at 382-1200.

http://townofdanville.org/aco/Danville%20Welcomes%20New%20ACO%20Regional.pdf
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” – Mark Twain

My email, for any town related business: russ.harding@live.com
russh

Re: Danville Welcomes New "Regional" Animal Control Officer

Postby dmh » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:24 pm

The animal "holding" area is looking for bedding for the animals. Old sheets, blankets and such.
"Never write if you can speak; never speak if you can nod; never nod if you can wink." Martin Lomasney
dmh

Postby momof3 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:29 pm

had the pleasure of meeting our new ACO. He seems to be a very resonable person, obviously more educated than our previous ACO and did not go out of his way to verbally threaten minor children.

I do have to admit that the Selectmen made a good call on this one.
momof3

Postby ebakenoza » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:48 am

O.K. so,what has he done so far?
ebakenoza

Postby ebakenoza » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:27 am

Noticed on Plaistow N.H. website that A C O position is vacant.Does that have anything to do with Regional A C O ?
ebakenoza

Postby curt » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:09 pm

In a notice sent to the web committee on 1/5/12, Chief Wade Parsons wrote:The Regional Animal Control Officer unfortunately resigned recently leaving that position vacant. Until a replacement has been selected, the police department will address any animal related calls. Residents with non-emergency concerns can leave a voice mail message with ACO Services by calling 382-9403 (ext. 5). If the situation requires immediate attention, residents should call the Rockingham Sheriff’s Department at 679-2225 and an officer will be dispatched.

Chief Wade H. Parsons

Danville Police Dept.

Now posted on the town website.
Curt Springer
curt

Danville animal control officer wants her job back

Postby curt » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:11 pm

January 20, 2012
Danville animal control officer wants her job back

By Doug Ireland direland@eagletribune.com

DANVILLE — Nine months after selectmen refused to reappoint her, former animal control officer Sheila Johannesen is trying to get her job back.

Johannesen has submitted a citizens petition that asks voters to reinstate the position at Town Meeting in March. The post was eliminated after she was not reappointed in April. The town then contracted with Plaistow for animal control services.

If voters re-establish the post, a new animal control officer would be elected every three years, beginning in March 2013. Johannesen is optimistic she will return to her old job.

"I will run," she said. "The town needs an animal control officer."

Johannesen claims a "personal vendetta" prompted selectmen to end her employment with the town after seven years.

"I felt then, and still do, that it was a personal issue and it was out of spite," Johannesen said.

She and Selectmen's Chairman Shawn O'Neil often clashed over the animal control budget. But O'Neil said that's not why Johannesen was not reappointed.

He has said he could not comment further because it was a personnel matter discussed in nonpublic session. He has challenged Johannesen to agree to allowing minutes of the closed meeting to be released.

O'Neil said yesterday he intends to inform the public that Johannesen is only interested in getting her old job back.

"She is trying to avoid the appointment process and go forward with it by going to the voters," he said.

O'Neil said contracting with Plaistow for animal control services costs about $6,000 a year — and is saving the town thousands of dollars in animal control costs.

But the recent resignation of David Sargent left both Danville and Plaistow without an animal control officer.

Plaistow Deputy police Chief Kathleen Jones said her department is looking for a replacement.
Curt Springer
curt

Postby russh » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:10 pm

“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” – Mark Twain

russh

Postby russh » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:18 pm

This warrant reeks of desperation. Shelia is not the kind of person I want representing the town of Danville, and I am sickened that she continues to spew lies and misinformation while hiding behind the veil of a non-public session, knowing that the BoS members can't talk about it.

She needs to ask for these minutes to be unsealed so that the truth can be made public. She has been challenged time and time again to bring these minutes into the public light, and continues to ignore those challenges because the truth is something she can’t spin, or ignore.

Let’s have it Shelia, request that these minutes be unsealed.

russh

Postby Sheila » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:07 pm

Mr. Harding,

To set the public records straight, I have never been invited to any non-public meetings with any of the Board of Selectmen, nor did I ever attend any non public meetings with the Board of Selectmen. Therefore, I would not ask to have minutes of a non-public meeting unsealed to any meeting that I never attended. I beleive you, as the BOS, are in violation of my rights under the 91:1a.

Sheila Johannesen
Sheila

Postby SBinRockrimmon » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:06 am

I don't see the point of posting the exact same thing in multiple threads. Can we either get the threads deleted or merged?
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. - Benjamin Franklin
SBinRockrimmon

Postby SBinRockrimmon » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:08 am

Sheila wrote:I beleive you, as the BOS, are in violation of my rights under the 91:1a

Could you either post a link or the text of 91:1a?
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. - Benjamin Franklin
SBinRockrimmon

Postby SBinRockrimmon » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:19 am

Sheila wrote:To set the public records straight, I have never been invited to any non-public meetings with any of the Board of Selectmen, nor did I ever attend any non public meetings with the Board of Selectmen. Therefore, I would not ask to have minutes of a non-public meeting unsealed to any meeting that I never attended.

I don't believe you are required to be present at a non-public meeting about your employment. If what you say is true than the BOS has never given you a reason they choose not to reappoint the position of ACO. If that is the case why don't you request a meeting to find out the reason. This would allow you the chance to publicly refute any allegations you believe are untrue. As a resident such a meeting could greatly sway my vote to your citizens petition. So far I can't help but think you are hiding something. If it was me, and I had nothing to hide, I would want to publicly set the record straight. So far the situation stinks and I have to give the benefit of doubt to 5 members of the community rather than one. If this is discussed publicly I could change that opinion.

SBinRockrimmon

Postby russh » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:29 am

Sheila wrote:Mr. Harding,

To set the public records straight, I have never been invited to any non-public meetings with any of the Board of Selectmen, nor did I ever attend any non public meetings with the Board of Selectmen. Therefore, I would not ask to have minutes of a non-public meeting unsealed to any meeting that I never attended. I beleive you, as the BOS, are in violation of my rights under the 91:1a.

Sheila Johannesen

So does this mean you are requesting that the BoS unseal this minutes?

russh

Postby russh » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:30 am

SBinRockrimmon wrote:I don't see the point of posting the exact same thing in multiple threads. Can we either get the threads deleted or merged?

Yes please. Somehow we ended up with three versions of the same thing.

russh

Next

Return to Danville General