Cell Phones

General Forum for Danville Topics

Re: Cell Phones

Postby Tigger4 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:14 am

Verizon, most times I do not have a problem. I do have the issue on Brown Hill Road. Sometimes I get a signal in Hannaford. It depends where in the store I am. I agree with JohnH about some of it depends on the type of phone you have. It is not just the provider, some phones are better than others when it comes to picking up a signal. My experience anyway.
Tigger4

Postby C L » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:16 am

AT&T/iPhone, no real issues, couple of little dead spots here and there but I've never had a call dropped.
C L

Postby Josh Currier » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:53 pm

AT&T for my wife and I and the only place I've found around town that it doesn't work is at the Post Office. No objections to a tower from us, especially if it's a potential revenue source for the town.
Josh Currier

Postby AlfredTwo » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:45 am

I would support a cell tower in town. I also have Verizon and they drop a lot of calls in town. What is this extender people talk about and how can I go about getting one?
AlfredTwo

Postby JC » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:52 am

Alfredtwo here is the link to the Verizon extender.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/verizon- ... nder.shtml
If you dont't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.
Maya Angelou
JC

Postby Rob C » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:53 pm

Rob C wrote:Thanks for the ## tip!

shawn_oneil wrote:So my big questions to all of you is would you support having a cell tower in Town? Would you also support the leasing of Town land (such as the Community Center) to accomplish this? Figures can range $1500-$2500/month.

A better question might be why WOULDN'T we do this!?!?!?

What ever happened with this?
Rob C
Rob C

Postby safety frog » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:42 am

There is a tower by the self storage facility, just no antenna.
Dennis F
safety frog

Postby SBinRockrimmon » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:18 am

After nearly a decade I may jump ship and give AT&T a try. Somewhat waiting to see what the new iPhone brings. I'm currently no longer in a contract.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. - Benjamin Franklin
SBinRockrimmon

Postby SBinRockrimmon » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:55 pm

I'm beginning to regret getting into another contract with Verizon. Their coverage in this area seems awful lately. Apparently I'm not the only one who is less than happy with cell coverage in this area.

http://www.eagletribune.com/latestnews/ ... uthern-N-H

August 11, 2013
Cell service remains spotty in Southern N.H.
Consumers, providers have differing views

By Alex Lippa alippa@eagletribune.com

Melanie Davidson can often be seen by the window of her Derry living room. But she isn’t just admiring her yard. She has to be there. It is the only place in her home that she can get service on her cellphone to make work-related calls.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. - Benjamin Franklin
SBinRockrimmon

Postby timd » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:16 am

Earlier this year the Atkinson Planning Board approved a minor site plan revision for antenna modifications on the tower at Busby Construction. This is the tower just west of the Dunkin Donuts on the south side of 111. But I believe American Tower's customer for those new antennae is AT&T. They are upgrading to LTE.
timd

Previous

Return to Danville General