Dennis F
safety frog

Re: Police action Carmel

Postby curt » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:04 am

Curt Springer
curt

Postby SBinRockrimmon » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:33 pm

This evening Timberlane left a message about the death of a Danville freshman. I don't know if it relates to this or not. I will also mention that I was a bit disappointed that the voice message left the name of this child. Needless to say I will not post the child's name online.

I have no idea what happened, but my heart goes out to all that were impacted.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. - Benjamin Franklin
SBinRockrimmon

Postby gnussbaum » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:39 am

The Tribune stated that Chief Parsons was not under investigation. I understand this was most likely an accident, but *if* the Chief left a loaded gun out in the open then wouldn't that be an issue?
gnussbaum

Postby Copper » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:09 am

I am sure Chief Parsons wouldn't be so careless as to leave a loaded gun in the open. I know that was a hypothetical statement but I don't think he could have done anything more to prevent such a sad event. My thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Copper

Postby momof3 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:03 pm

http://m.wmur.com/national-news/Police- ... index.html

A New Hampshire police chief was cited Friday for improperly storing his service firearm after a teenager used the weapon to commit suicide in the chief's home in March, according to the local prosecutor.

Danville Police Chief Wade Parsons allegedly left his firearm, a .40-caliber Glock 22 pistol, on top of a safe in his bedroom closet on March 11, said Rockingham County Attorney Jim Reams.

Parsons left the house to run errands, while the boy -- the 15-year-old son of the chief's girlfriend -- remained in the home.

"The service weapon was used by a juvenile to shoot himself while no one else was home," Reams said in a news release.

When Parsons returned, he discovered the boy's body, Reams said.

"There is no clear explanation (for the suicide)," Reams told CNN Friday. There had been no previous signs that the youth was troubled, Reams added.

Parsons was not charged in the youth's death, Reams said.

The chief was charged with violating a New Hampshire statute that requires any person to securely store a firearm when a child is likely to gain access to it without parental or guardian permission.

A court date has not yet been set. The maximum fine under the statute is $1,000, according to Reams' news release.

This is the first time Reams has cited anyone with the violation in his 15 years as county attorney, he said.

Parsons did not immediately respond to CNN's requests for comment.

Danville is located in southeastern New Hampshire and is about 10 miles north of the Massachusetts line.

Reams said he hopes the tragedy will remind people of the importance of storing weapons properly.

"Nobody feels worse about this than the police chief," said Reams. "But I hope it's a reminder to people in New Hampshire to make sure that children don't have unsupervised access to firearms. That's the statement our legislature has made. We expect people to live up to it."
momof3

Postby gnussbaum » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:40 am

http://www.eagletribune.com/latestnews/ ... s-gun-case

Case is being transferred to a court outside the county.
gnussbaum

Postby SBinRockrimmon » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:16 pm

Great to see that the article was checked for accuracy. :roll: A Glock 22 is a semi-automatic .40 pistol. It is NOT a revolver. It is very common standard service weapon for police. I haven't seen any police use revolvers since I was a very young lad (and even then most were carrying semi-autos).
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson

To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. - Benjamin Franklin
SBinRockrimmon

Return to Danville General