SoD Does Not Observe Daylight Savings Time

General Forum for Danville Topics

SoD Does Not Observe Daylight Savings Time

Postby curt » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:14 pm

Just a reminder, the software we use (provided by our web hosting company) does not recognize daylight savings time. Nothing to do with the recent change. It didn't work all last year, either.

So if you see a post time-stamped 8:00 pm, that is 8:00 pm EST, really 9:00 pm EDT.
curt

Re: SoD Does Not Observe Daylight Savings Time

Postby James Mickalide » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:51 pm

I have noticed the last couple of days that a few posts have a time stamp that is 1 hour greater than the current time. Is the time generated from the system the Board is located or the time from the posting system? Not a big deal, just curious.

Jim
James Mickalide

Re: SoD Does Not Observe Daylight Savings Time

Postby curt » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi,
The last time I looked, probably when we set this up 4 years ago, we set the time zone to be UTC (aka GMT) -5 aka EST. There was no option to set daylight time. The FAQs said there was no option. The software was written by Brits and apparently they don't have DST there.

There have been upgrades to the software since then. I just looked. We are set to UTC-5 and now there is an option checked to set DST. My **guess** is that the software did not keep up with the latest DST changes. We used to change back in October, now we do it in November.
Curt Springer
curt

Return to Danville General