Article 2008-28 Petitioned Warr. Article: Sandown Rd Bridge

Polls and discussions on the 2008 Town Warrant Articles. There will be one discussion for each article.

Repair Sandown Road Bridge Culvert

Yes
88%
No
13%

Total votes : 24

Re: Article 2008-28 Petitioned Warr. Article: Sandown Rd Bridge

Postby safety frog » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:48 pm

Has the town applied for stimulus money for this shovel ready project? If they tried maybe they could get the whole thing fixed and upgraded,
safety frog

Postby AlfredTwo » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:23 pm

Do you think the state would use the money for a project the town's voters keep rejecting? I kind of doubt it. I do agree it would be a nice if it happened but I don't see that happening.
AlfredTwo

Postby safety frog » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:27 am

Has anyone looked at all the silly "shovel ready" projects they are trying to proceed with? I think the stimulus bill as written is flawed but if they are throwing free money into the air for taking, then take it and fix our road.
safety frog

Postby Thundergirl » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:38 am

I'm with you guys. It would be nice to see our tax money spent on something benefiting Danville and surrounding towns. I expect we would have the same arguments as in 2007 when the state was going to fund 2/3 of it from people who would consider this as "wasteful government spending". They'd prefer it be wasted on anything but. That section of the road is an eyesore and unsafe. At the least, I'd like to see if closed off officially and maintained so people can walk it withough fear of the road crumbling beneath them and dumping them in the river. And maybe, just maybe, Mapquest, etc would stop sending people that way as if it's a thru road.
Thundergirl

Previous

Return to 2008 Town Warrant Articles