Setting Things Straight

General Forum for Danville Topics

Postby Tigger4 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:06 pm

I am sorry for what Hope and her puppies, as well as, your children had to go through, but your children's attitude toward police will be affected by the way you handle it. It is your right to file any lawsuits you want, but if you repeatly talk bad about police (or other people) your children are going to pick up your attitude. More times than not a child's fears and attitudes are influenced quite a bit by how their parents handle things or how they see people.

It is unfortunate your children were "harassed" by peers, but kids can be cruel. If it wasn't this or your children it would be something else or other children. Unfortunately, that is the way some kids are these days. Some kids focus in on something and run with it. (Yes, I have seen how cruel kids can be and it is not right in any circumstance)

Sense is not something I lack. I take offense to this statement. There you go name calling again. Just like you, I have a right to an opinion of the people involved. I have the right to decide whether they overreacted or did what they thought was best at the time.

This town and the decisions they make may not always be perfect, but there is not a town anywhere where everyone is happy all the time and things are perfect . I am also familiar with some of your past and know your past is not spotless either. I will not get into the past I will just agree to disagree with you.

I will reserve my final opinion when I read whatever Curt posts on here concerning the events/trial. Right now I base my opinion on what I know of all parties involved (past and present) and right now I do not believe anyone was intentionally targeted. I believe the Chief and ACO's did what they thought was best.
Tigger4

Postby JC » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:52 pm

tigger4 wrote:

Right now I base my opinion on what I know of all parties involved (past and present) and right now I do not believe anyone was intentionally targeted. I believe the Chief and ACO's did what they thought was best.

I agree totally with this statement, the Attorney representing the town would not have brought this to court if she didn't think it was a proper case to go to court.
JC

Postby AlfredTwo » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:21 pm

Tigger4 wrote:I am sorry for what Hope and her puppies, as well as, your children had to go through, but your children's attitude toward police will be affected by the way you handle it. It is your right to file any lawsuits you want, but if you repeatly talk bad about police (or other people) your children are going to pick up your attitude. More times than not a child's fears and attitudes are influenced quite a bit by how their parents handle things or how they see people.

And how much responsibility do the Police have in this case? All I know about all this is what I read here. I would love to hear the "other" side but if I don't what choice do I have but to believe what is read here?

How should a child feel about an organization he/she believes has gone out of its way to make life difficult for their family and done nothing to protect them? Should the parents just lie to their children? What should the Cote's do? Should they say "The Police hate mommy and daddy but they are good well meaning people?" Clearly the Cote's have what they feel are good reason to believe the Police are out to get them.

Honestly I want to believe the Police are honest ans well meaning people. My experience with the Danville PD has always been great. I am just really confused by what I read here. It makes little sense to me. I sure do wish someone would speak up with information from the PD and ACO sides.
AlfredTwo

Postby JC » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:37 pm

alfredtwo wrote:

All I know about all this is what I read here. I would love to hear the "other" side but if I don't what choice do I have but to believe what is read here?

A2 I would expect that you will not see the PD posting any information here especially after the Cotes clearly have stated that they are planning to file a law suit. There is always 2 sides to everything and if people chose to make judgement on the one side that is there choice. I suppose we will have to wait till the Cotes bring it to court to hear the other side and the whole story.
JC

Postby Resident » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:52 pm

WandaCote wrote:Furthermore I challenge Dale Childs, Hampstead ACO or any other individual to bring forth a DNA sample from the "questionable" puppy that did not die and was sold. Let's compare this with the mother dog, Hope.

Or better yet, bring a shovel over to my house, we can dig up the ones who died. You can compare the DNA between the dead ones and the "questionable" ones.

DNA not only proves guilt but it can also exonerate a person.

Surviving puppy?! Was this mentioned before? "Questionable" ones?! More than one puppy survived. I'm confused. Did I miss something? Seems more to this story that has yet to be revealed.
Resident

Postby AlfredTwo » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:42 pm

JC wrote:A2 I would expect that you will not see the PD posting any information here especially after the Cotes clearly have stated that they are planning to file a law suit.

You are probably right because the lawyers are probably telling the PD and others to keep their mouths shut. Lawyers don't like it when anyone talks in public outside a court room. Frankly I think that is a major problem with this country. If we had more openness and more of people trying to be transparent about what and why they were doing things we could avoid a lot of the legal stuff.

What we hear all to often is "trust me - I'm not going to tell you anything but you should just trust me." After a while enough goes wrong that that sort of answer stops being good enough.

The other problem is that the problems with the Cote's is probably going to trial. If it does we may see the truth come out (not that I'd bet on that) but it will cost the town money - some if the town wins and a lot if the town loses. I see no good coming from all this.

And so far all the actions that were in theory trying to protect animals has resulted in dead puppies and more legal troubles for the town. I'm not convinced this would have all been worth it even if the dog was being mistreated. We have enough people problems in the world without going crazy over dogs.
AlfredTwo

Postby JC » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:51 pm

Wanda did you get Hope back ?
JC

Postby momof3 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:10 pm

Resident:

Yes their were other puppies, the Town of Danville and Dale Child's, Hampstead ACO have themselves convinced that Hope's puppies had in fact not died.

Hope had 9 puppies Aug 9th, the weekend of Sept 1st and 2nd, two puppies passed away at the Brentwood Veterinary Emergency Clinic.

Hope got out of the house on the 3rd and picked up by the ACO, this is where they tried to say she was emaciated and malnourished.

Within days more puppies died of starvation even though we and the vet tried relentlessly in trying to safe them. I spent over $1000.00 on one puppy in Brentwod which would have only sold for $650.00 had it survived.

Dale Childs, Hampstead ACO and the state finally came out to my place (Sept 11, 2007) after much pleading and begging. I wanted to prove to them that my animals were not abused.

Now at this point with both Dale Childs and the state on my property, if abuse was evident don't you think they would have seized all my animals. However, they still refused to return the dog. At this point there were only two puppies left.

If the puppies had not passed they would have been 8 weeks old on Oct. 5th, but between Sept. 11th and Oct. 5th, those two puppies also passed away.

Dale Childs had me arrested for perjury because I had stated under oath that they had died. Dale now seems to think that she can prove otherwise.

As I said before, the job of an ACO is to protect animals. Dale Childs refused to take the puppies into custody to put them with the mother.

Dale Childs herself should be arressted for animal cruelty, she refused to protect those puppies even though my husband and I offerred to bring them to her, have her pick them up or whatever it took to reunite them with their mother.

Dale Childs is a mean and vindictive person who thinks she is always right and will even let animals die a senseless death trying to prove it.
momof3

Postby curt » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:55 am

I haven't had much time to think about this whole thing in the past week. But I have to say that this perjury charge seems over the top.

A writ of replevin is to get back a specific item of property, in this case a dog. Even if Wanda lied about all the puppies dying, and I'm not saying she did, I don't see how this could be "material" to the legal issues, so therefore I don't see how she could reasonably be charged with perjury.
Curt Springer
curt

Postby momof3 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:30 am

well once again Curt not only was I charged with perjury handcuffed and put into the back of a cruiser and brought to the Plaistow Police Station, I had not been told the entire time why I was being charged until after I was booked and finger printed.

The entire ride to Plaistow, I could not think of what I had done that would have caused me to be treated this way, I mean I balled my eyes out like a child because I thought that I had done something so bad.

Prior to leaving my home I asked Officer Furman if I could follow him in my own vehicle to the police station because I knew it would be hard for me to get a ride back to Danvile and he refused, I also asked if he could wait for me to get booked and then bring me back to Danville, he also refused.

Now it only took 15 - 20 minutes to do the booking, Officer Furman would not even wait to bring me back to Danville.

My husband was working in Kennebunkport, Maine for the day and I had to wait an additional two hours for a ride back to Danville since everyone else I know was also working.

Now this was all done two days prior (May 30 and June 26th were the court dates) to the start of the animal cruelty case (which I was acquitted) now if this does not sound like pure harassment then I do not know what does.

Now even if I had committed perjury (which I did not) do you honestly think that this type of treatment by the Danville Police was warranted.

Now, maybe people will understand why my children and I resent the police department. One of my daughters was present and saw me get arrested. Not only myself, but also the kids cringe whenever we see or hear a cruiser going by. So I do not have to tell my kids to hate or to have no respect for the police department, the kids have seen the abuse that our whole family has been subjected to themselves. Through this abuse the kids have formed their own opinion.

Remember people, this all started when Officer Dale Childs, Hampstead ACO and a police officer herself took away a nursing dog and let the puppies starve to death.
momof3

Re: Setting Things Straight

Postby momof3 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:17 pm

Ok people, now I was acquitted of the animal cruelty/abuse charges. However, the Town of Danville
and some of it's residents continue to badger and harass the kids and I.

The "perjury" charges that were brought against me via the Town of Danville and Dale Childs, ACO from The Town of Hampstead were dismissed the evening prior to the trial by the proscecutor.

The Town of Danville had no evidence of perjury against me and they knew it from the start, but they continued with the harassment verbally, written and through third parties against me.

Dale Childs even went as far as actually finding someone that I had sold a puppy to, to testify against me stating that the puppy was from one of the ones "that died." However, this particular puppy was one of the replacement puppies that I had purchased through Vermont.

When it came right down to it, I insisted on a DNA test from the mother (of the puppies who had died) and compared to the puppy in question, all at my expense.

Well the Town of Danville bailed, they knew that basically they were screwed and in fact had no evidence.

So is this now all over, I do not think so because where and when was I actually vindicated. The kids are still harrassed at school, certain friends of theirs are not allowed to come to the house and or they are not allowed to go to their's, other parents have actually forbid their children from associating from mine.

I on the other hand have the Town of Danville police sitting at the end of my driveway watching me (obviously the town is not as busy as the chief says that they are) or my property. The police have continued to follow me through town and harass the kids. I even had to go as far as purchasing another generic type of vechile that is very common to try and get them off my ***.

So please people, leave my kids and me alone. Find someone else to harass. I am just a resident trying to get by from day to day like everyone else
momof3

Re: Setting Things Straight

Postby curt » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Curt Springer
curt

Previous

Return to Danville General