Conservation Commission Appointment

General Forum for Danville Topics

Conservation Commission Appointment

Postby curt » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:44 pm

Last Monday 4/4 the BOS appointed Phil Emilio Jr in place of Laura Games as an alternate member of the Conservation Commission. Selectman Chris Giordano, former chair of the CC, pointed out that Laura's attendance was poor and that often she was not there when an alternate could have participated.

It is my understanding that the standing CC meeting on Thursday 4/7 was subsequently canceled on short notice with no explanation.
Curt Springer
curt

Re: Conservation Commission Appointment

Postby curt » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:42 pm

In another discussion, ebakenoza wrote:think about it,he (Shawn O'Neil) seems to be going after the library director also,and dropped Laura Games from the Conservation commision :roll:

As I mentioned, it was Chris Giordano who had the most to say about Laura.
Curt Springer
curt

Postby ebakenoza » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:21 pm

o k but who does the actual appointing ? according to the town website,there are 2 alternate slots open ,why would one person be dropped if there are indeed 2 positions? and since Mr. Emilio owns land abutting conservation land, and has had issues withC.C. in the past? isn't that a bit on the edge of being ethical. just asking
ebakenoza

Postby curt » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:33 am

You can watch the 4/4 BOS meeting on the town web site. I think the discussion is a couple of hours into the meeting.

My understanding is that the CC could have had two alternates but they said they only wanted one, so the BOS made a choice.

The appointment is made by a vote of the board of selectmen. I believe that all 5 voted in favor of appointing Phil.

Phil's family owns land abutting the town forest. They filed a plan of their land in 2005. The town filed a plan of its land in 2006. The plans are in agreement.
Curt Springer
curt

Postby ebakenoza » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:44 am

thanks Curt
ebakenoza

Postby curt » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:17 am

The 4/4/11 BOS minutes wrote:Vice-chair Giordano stated that the Conservation Commission wanted only one alternate although the Board of Selectmen asked that they have two alternate positions due to the Commission consisting of a five-member board. Two applications were received for the alternate position: Laurie Games and Philip Emilio III. Vice-chair Giordano stated that Laura did not attend many meetings and whereas Phil has been attending meetings regularly since last November and is also on the Planning Board, it would be beneficial to have a Planning Board member as representative to Conservation and he recommended Phil for the Alternate position. Vice-chair Giordano made the motion, seconded by Chairman O’Neil, to appoint Philip Emilio III to a three-year Alternate position on the Conservation Commission. Motion passed. Patty was asked to complete the Appointment form for Phil.
Curt Springer
curt

Return to Danville General